A zine is a small circulation self-published work of appropriated images and texts that stands to explore the foundational principles of free expression and creativity. Zine publications are a great format for anyone to share their thoughts, experiences, photos, artwork or interests, get them in front of an appreciative public and connect with other people with similar interests.
How will this course help you ?
Zines are independent publications with an endless list of themes from photography to flowers and from comics to science fiction. They cover niche subculture topics, generally outside of the mainstream and appeal to an alternative public. Zines are artistic, personal, political, cultural and experimental.
No. of Sessions: 6 sessions
Session Duration: 3 hours each
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
- By the end of the course, you’ll have learned how to create a fully Analog Zine.
- Develop your interests into artistic practices
- Knowledge of zine will push you forward into the world of self-publishing.
- Get exposed to the possibilities of selling and distributing your own work in a format that is politically charged, to empower your free speech.
- Zines will pose as powerful additions for students in their portfolios.
Chaitanya Modak is a writer, artist, creator and publisher who has completed his Masters in Communication Design, Specialisation and Film Scripting and direction from National Institute of Design. He has published several popular zines and is passionate about helping people communicate better across print, digital and film surfaces.